Wednesday 6 March 2013

OPUS TO SNAKESKIN

My fondness for animal print as depicted in my previous post, continues today with a take on snakeskin. There are numerous ways to style this jacket from Jenni Button, but having regard to the glitz and glamour of the textile and particular print, I prefer wearing it with something more demure. The jacket is rather striking, and with the print being rather loud, I would be reluctant to team it with anything that detracts from the beauty of it's design and print. My elegant friend Hanle complemented the snakeskin look with her beautiful soft chiffon top, worn with very flattering skinnies and ankle cuff shoes.
 
Jenni Button is a South African designer and most sought after.  She is the creator of Jenni Button (Pty) Ltd in South Africa.  They have stand alone stores in a number of the top end shopping centres. I understand that Jenni Button International was recently introduced as her export label.  The general look is not exactly "everyday day",  but rather cutting edge glamour with distinct elegance and style! Instead of being met by over zealous sales assistants, the stores have stylists who assist in creating a particular ensemble and who advises in a very subtle way. I was met by the stylish Nadia, holding the snake skin jacket below, a stylist at the Canal Walk store in Cape Town. Nadia gladly assisted me in styling my outfits and finding the right size......

Jacket - Jenni Button at www.jennibutton.co.za
Pants - H & M
Snake print Shoes - Dorothy Perkins
Clutch - Jimmy Choo
Lurex Top - Dorothy Perkins
Neck Piece - Thai Craft


 
 




5 comments:

  1. I love it Nicolene !! Great style ! For me is very exiting to discover new designers all over the world and Jenni Button seams to offer very glamurous cloths . Thanks for sharing !
    Have a lovely day :)


    XX Luba
    Well Living Blog
    http://very-well-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I love everything from the blazer to your shoes to that fabulous clutch!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this print. I have a snake leather bag that goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete