Wednesday, 4 December 2013

SHARING SECRETS

"A fool and his money is soon parted", my beloved late father often quoted. But it's not until later in life that it makes sense, and after having made a few silly purchases that one realises that value has to meet price. I'm acutely aware of the expression when I stumble onto things in my closet that still has labels on long after it's purchase.......I still get caught in the trap of sales talk when it comes to promotions  like "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday", both being catchwords leading us to stray from our own limits or budgets and causing us to buy things on the spur of the  moment.  I now approach it with much more caution, always considering the value that I could extract from a sale item in terms of the amount of outfits that could be styled with it.  So I imposed a little rule, whenever I buy something on sale, it has to be something that I really like and that allows me to style it in a multitude of outfits. This little jacket fell smack into the category of my self imposed rules, as a result of which I immediately snapped it up on sale, knowing that I would get considerable value out of it, allowing me to style it in numerous different ways. How else do we restrain ourselves from buying things that don't really fit our body shapes, or that we don't particularly fancy after it's found itself into your closet? Let's hear from you girls, come on, share a little secret........

 Jacket- Daniel Hechter
Pants - H & M
Shoes - Zara
Neon Peplum - Woolworths
Handbag - Thai Craft