Friday 6 September 2013

MILITARY JACKET

Although the 1st September  officially announces spring down South, the weather has not really allowed us to turn to summer clothes yet. I am yearning to slip into something cool and to sport a lighter image, ridding myself of the weight and bulk of heavy winter fabric, allowing myself to feel the softness of chiffon and cotton on my pale winter skin. We are slowly coming out of winter hibernation and feeling the increase in day temperatures, but not warm enough yet to shed the load. It was like a breath of fresh air when the early morning temperatures indicators allowed a lighter set of clothes this morning, hence the bare legs with lighter shades. So I introduced spring with a military style jacket which is one of my own collection of custom made items, and very useful for mid season days. The military style never really seems to be unfashionable or dated, and it allows you various option to either sport a rather casual image by simply wearing it with boyfriend jeans, or dressing it up with heels. I find particular comfort in boyfriend style jeans as the over sized style gives an instant appearance of having slimmed down, really shedding the winter bulk in minutes.
 
Now all that's required is to move onto lighter food, reducing the bulk of the fleshy parts that developed in response to taking comfort in the warmth of slow food and bucket loads of soup, pancakes with sugar and cinnamon. I'd say it's about time to liberate my eating habits from the joys of winter. I'm starting with a delicious salad that I found a recipe for on  Peony Lim's blog, a scrumptious  Ginger, Beetroot, Fennel and Pomegranate Asian Slaw.....to be found at www.peonylim.com/ginger-beetroot-fennel-and-pomegranate-asian-slaw/
 
Happy weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
Jacket - Belle Epoque
Pants - H & M
Shoes - Next
Handbag - Louis Vuitton

 

17 comments:

  1. Love the jacket Nicolene ! So elegant and trendy ! I am glade that military trend never dates ! Have a nice weekend , lovely

    XX Luba

    Total black, working look today on
    www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! You look amazing. I'm new at your blog. Please visit my blog and if you like it maybe we could follow each other.

    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea, and nice to meet new faces. I am following you right away, I like your inspirational style.
      FF

      Delete
  3. Great looking jacket, and olive/leopard is one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit Nicolene... great combo tha military jacket with the leo-print top!!
    You are always super trendy!!!
    Kissss

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty look,like the jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not very enthusiastic about military-style clothing, and do not really like animal print, but I think today I like a little more. The combination is very balanced and elegant. The jacket is cute and the pants are lovely and very well. I love shoes. My taste is changing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combination of military and leopard prinst, you look so classy!!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Military styling is always beautiful and this jacket is a winner! Love how you paired it with lovely accessories and leopard. Pretty outfit.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicolene, that Military inspired jacket is a dream Piece. The cut and the golden Buttons makes it so chic and unique. Love that neutral based Ensemble so much on you. I am so jealous that you have spring now :-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely jacket!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jacket, such a classic piece :)


    http://expressionofemotions.blogspot.in/2013/09/rosabelle-treasures-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look! Love your pants and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nicolene,

    You look stunning as always. I have a black military style jacket - I don't wear it that often, but when I do, I always think I should change the buttons.

    I've started to count the calories and have gymed twice this week. Got a way to go to have a beach ready body, but at least I've started.

    Have a wonderful day
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your jacket! Kisses dear.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You jacket is my taste.I like your style.

    ReplyDelete