Friday, 6 September 2013

MILITARY JACKET

Although the 1st September  officially announces spring down South, the weather has not really allowed us to turn to summer clothes yet. I am yearning to slip into something cool and to sport a lighter image, ridding myself of the weight and bulk of heavy winter fabric, allowing myself to feel the softness of chiffon and cotton on my pale winter skin. We are slowly coming out of winter hibernation and feeling the increase in day temperatures, but not warm enough yet to shed the load. It was like a breath of fresh air when the early morning temperatures indicators allowed a lighter set of clothes this morning, hence the bare legs with lighter shades. So I introduced spring with a military style jacket which is one of my own collection of custom made items, and very useful for mid season days. The military style never really seems to be unfashionable or dated, and it allows you various option to either sport a rather casual image by simply wearing it with boyfriend jeans, or dressing it up with heels. I find particular comfort in boyfriend style jeans as the over sized style gives an instant appearance of having slimmed down, really shedding the winter bulk in minutes.
 
Now all that's required is to move onto lighter food, reducing the bulk of the fleshy parts that developed in response to taking comfort in the warmth of slow food and bucket loads of soup, pancakes with sugar and cinnamon. I'd say it's about time to liberate my eating habits from the joys of winter. I'm starting with a delicious salad that I found a recipe for on  Peony Lim's blog, a scrumptious  Ginger, Beetroot, Fennel and Pomegranate Asian Slaw.....to be found at www.peonylim.com/ginger-beetroot-fennel-and-pomegranate-asian-slaw/
 
Happy weekend!
 
 
 
 
 
Jacket - Belle Epoque
Pants - H & M
Shoes - Next
Handbag - Louis Vuitton