Saturday 1 March 2014

KALEIDOSCOPE

The brighter the better..... looking on the bright side of my wardrobe, I was faced with the challenge of wearing print that is not only bright, but rather bold and loud. The print is inspired by a tropical garden, allowing it to be worn with a multitude of rainbow colours. I chose to wear a dress that toned the look down, balancing it with shoes that picks up and reflects on all the colours of the print. This coat is a marvellous item to dress up jeans, and to spruce up a simple pair of cigarette cut pants, perhaps with heels a few inches higher....... after all, the sky is the limit. The twist in the dress works it's magic in slimming down the waist, and the rouged effect leads the eye to the middle. This is a great style if you want to elongate the appearance of the body, and distract from the midriff, particularly after a month of many celebrations.....






Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Coat - D & G
Shoes - Valentino Rock Studs
Wristwatch - Gaga Milano
Sunglasses - Dior


17 comments:

  1. Wow, the coat is a piece of art! Very pretty on you. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is spectacular! What a gorgeous print. D&G really does some beautiful prints/colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is beautiful on you! I really love the coat with the dress together, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAK! The jacket is brilliant in more ways than one! I love it! I love the bright colours, and I'm impressed to see the mirror pattern image. I'm assuming the back is just as cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coat/jacket is amazing - bold, vibrant, very flattering! You look so beautiful in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this look and that coat is awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coat is fabulous and daring in it's color plus print! Gorgeous--you look great and I'd wear it too!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look...as beautiful & coloured as a painting...very lovely,Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are my idol ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    That coat by D&G just kills me with joy.
    Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for joining Share-in-Style.
    Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coat is a delight! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend ... Jo'burg is grey and cool today.
    Wendy
    Simply Sassy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The jacket is amazing, love that!! So gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing piece, Nicolene!
    I'd love to see you wearing it with white (or cream depending on that light base colour of your coat) slim trousers. I think it will stand out even more.

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well put together and the shoes are to die for. I wonder if they are comfortable?

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    Dubai, UAE
    www.mjoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This coat is TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love the whole look!!!!!
    Kisses my dear fashion friend!!!
    Have a lovely day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are making me dream of spring coming early to a late winter! (The bird print made me trot out to the feeder to replenish !) You look lovely, and I like the neutrals with it so much. Very sleek and the contrasts compliment. Killer shoes, of course. Really, you look beautiful and it's a very flattering shape for your late summer. There's much I'll miss about winter ( dark neutrals, boots, rich fabrics, heavy knits) I'm looking forward to my more problematic dressing season with some enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I love your shoes!!!!! The jacket is fantastic and you look very elegant and stylish.
    Thank you so much for finding my blog and left such nice comment.
    Also thank you for linking up with Très Chic Style Bits.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete