Tuesday 11 February 2014

VINTAGE CHARM

Meet my skirt, as it dominates the entire look, the fullness, the voluptuousness, and the volume, all making an entry long before you do. I so love the volume of full skirts enabling you to move about with the lightness of a feather, with the fabric gently sloping to the floor, and the bulk allowing you to hide all of what ever it is that you do not wish to flaunt. Some stylists consider full skirts as unflattering, I on the other hand think of them as something regal. It just about suits any body type, whether you are pear or apple shaped, and as long as you have a relatively containable midriff, the volume just detracts from anything else, leaving the focus on the skirt. It is very versatile, and looks just as good with a button up shirt, especially charming with a Neoprene top ending just on the waist. I'm sporting lace with it as I am smitten with it's femininity. Longer tops are not suited to full skirts, neither are long coats as it creates an illusion of excessive bulk that is otherwise avoided. The volume this skirt creates is flattering when worn with a top that ends where the skirt starts, and the skirt allows for different lengths, depending on your height. Being quite tall, I find the length to be perfect half way in between the knee and ankle, but if you are vertically challenged, I suggest you consider it just above or below the knee, creating height with shoes a little higher than kitten heels. Go on, try another style challenge out of your comfort zone, and share in your view of this awesome trend! The style is so reminiscent of vintage, hence the addition of my late grandmother's sunglasses circa 1961! The skirt is another reason to sport those  pretty shoes........ I've been waiting for the right skirt to unveil this pretty pair. No cobblestones where these step!




Skirt - Belle Epoque
Top - Platinum Fashion Mall
Shoes - Valentino
Sunglasses - Vintage
Neck Piece - Sass Diva

8 comments:

  1. Very modern vintage. Beautiful! I love the lace top and the skirt. Of course, the shoes are nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look stunning, I love those shoes and skirt! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is! What a beautiful combination ... charming and beyond. You just put texture and tone together better than anyone. Beautiful you, and I just love you hair. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. I love this style of skirt on you! I want to wear one too and think you are right about wearing a short tops with this style. You look modern with a nod to the past. Very pretty shoes.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything in place to stunning perfection. You are so right about voluminous skirts. I'm pleased to make your skirt's acquaintance, yes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such an amazing style! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks fantastic! The lace top was the right choice for that gorgeous skirt. You look so beautiful Nicolene and so classy. I don't have a skirt with that volume, but I am looking for one in red, dark blue or black.
    xo
    Carelia

    MySmallWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,Ciao...what a stunning look!...always you're able to create a great look...you create your outfit like an artist create a work of art...beautiful and charming!

    ReplyDelete