Saturday, 20 December 2014

Fur-rocious

I will always have mixed feelings about the concept of fur. Although my conscience dictates otherwise, I can associate with the idea of indulging in the luxury of fur if it is not harvested in a inhumane manner. Fur farms are notorious for using methods that do not resonate with animal protection activists. However, if it is produced in controlled circumstances, it should not be construed as cruel. My fur jacket is vintage and attracts many stares, both from critics and admirers. Travelling Eeastern Europe and trotting the baltic region, one must however resort to extreme measures to take shelter against the cold, and can I justify this work of art. I am not quite ready to abandon meat or leather shoes, and will continue to keep this lovely coat stacked away for sub zero temperatures as I am an Ice bear at heart....extreme weather calls for extreme measures.

Coat - Vintage
Leather gloves - Woolworths
Jeans - unbranded
Boots - Roma 
Handbag- Prune
Felt hat-Topshop