Tuesday 14 May 2013

AMSTERDAM HAUTE COUTURE

No need to say, that the moment I stepped into V & D in Amsterdam and noticed the abundance of stripes, I lost self control and threw all caution to the wind. V & D is one of the most beautiful department stores representing various designers and brands, almost operating like a beehive of designs. One of these inspirational designers is known as Mart Visser. He has a stunning collection of coats and jackets in store, at pretty affordable prices. I saw a similar jacket at Zara in Europe ( not yet landed down South in Cape Town) but regretfully missed out on my size. It naturally follows that this one found it's way into my collection of stripes, not because it is so on trend, but because I can never get enough of stripes and nautical themes.  Mart Visser Haute Couture is settled in Amsterdam opposite the Museum Quarter, and may his salon be visited by appointment between Tuesdays and Saturdays, otherwise some of the collection can be viewed at V & D in Amsterdam. His use of fabric  is clearly very selective, and most of his garments fit my tall frame like a glove. Just when I thought I was done with Amsterdam..... The sunglasses were sourced at a flea market in Bucharest, very similar to a pair that Versace made a few years ago, not at all on trend, but sometimes I dance to my own tune, freedom of style perhaps? Amsterdam remains one of the most exciting cities for a discovery of new designs, and don't miss the Sewe Straatjes, known for it's cute and original designer stores ( translated to seven little streets)



 
 

Mart Visser in action, obtained from his website www.martvisser.com

 

 
Jacket - Mart Visser
Pants -  H & M (old)
Shoes - Next
Neck piece - Zara
Bag -  padded leather & unbranded,
as before & sourced at unknown store in Vienna
Belt - Hermes
Sunglasses - sourced from Bucharest flea market
Dam Square, Amsterdam

 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is a FABULOUS look on you! I LOVE the stipe jacket! Sorry to be shouting but I really love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant yet trendy! Your striped blazer is gorgeous and so are your sling pumps.

    Annette
    Lady of Style
    follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mart Visser is def a designer I will check out when I will be in Amsterdam in 2 weeks. I am totally obsessed with stripes too, for some reason they have that everybody darling gene and looks elegant with everything and is just a super versatile pattern. You look so elegant in a very sophisticated way. The sunnies are the pefect finish Nicoline. Love your style so much! :-)


    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a tulle kind of girl. Follow the size chart exactly. I was at an overseas address and shipping to me only took 10 days so I assume shipping in US would come super-fast!

    ReplyDelete