Thursday 30 May 2013

GREY MATTERS

Gone are the days of associating Grey with accountants, in fact if you spot one wearing Grey these days, it's probably one whose become very fashion conscious! Grey is not a colour that flatters on it's own, as it tends to impale our skin colours, rendering us looking all "washed out". Yet, when worn with bold colours, or combined with  Black, it becomes quite dynamic! My initial perception of the Moto jacket was that it is a little 'young' for me, however, if you happen to be a women of a certain age, you could experiment with it by combining it with more timeless pieces to create a less "youthful look", or shall I say "more mature" look? As you may well know I do not promote the idea of dressing "older" but dressing your body type instead. If the shoe fits, wear it by all means! You don't have to be 18 to wear a Moto jacket with flair! The bag speaks for itself, apart from the fact that the lamb skin leather is as soft as a baby's touch....I need not mention anything else about it! As for my hairdo, the wind had a mind of it's own this morning, re-arranging my bangs and leaving me with a rather ruffled up look!
 





Moto Jacket - H & M
White Shirt - H & M
Pants - Studio W
Shoes - Topshop
Bag - Chanel 2.55
Enamel Cuff - Zawadi,
Cape Town Duty Free Shops
Sunglasses - Ray Ban

 
 

9 comments:

  1. I often receive comments like "I can't believe this ... is from H&M!"
    You are so right, Nicolene, it is all about the styling and accessories. The way you combined this jacket is more Chanel style and certainly not "too young". Great look!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gray, it's a softer version of black! I agree that it's all about the fit, if it doesn't fit it will look awful no matter what your age!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing look... you are super stylish!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color combination! I am in love with your bag...of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following you darling.... keep in touch!!!!
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. bella borsa (: Reb, xoxo.

    *Fammi sapere cosa ne pensi del post che ho appena pubblicato:
    http://www.toprebel.com/2013/05/finalmente-casa.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful jacket, and I agree about mixing current and classic pieces. Yummy bag. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look phenomenal! I love it when women don't give up on fashion after they reach a certain age. You're inspirational. That jacket is amazing, and I would love to have it in my wardrobe. You styled it perfectly. Following you now!

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete