Monday 8 September 2014

NOT QUITE SUMMER

The calendar may dictate otherwise, but summer has not quite arrived yet. I was just about to shake out my tail feathers and slip into my summer wardrobe when all of a sudden winter returned, and with a vengeance that is. The floral print had to make way for Boucle, much more appropriate for the Cape of Storms! The best option for transitioning from one season into another, is to keep the trench coat readily available, a must have in every women's wardrobe. This light Red coat might not be a trench, but the weight of the fabric is just perfect for light cover up. The boots are made of a Jacquard fabric, not suffocating you when all of a sudden the temperature heats up again later in the day. The hat was added to give the look a whimsical edge.
 
 
Coat-Belle Epoque
Skirt - Trenery
Boots - Old and of unknown origin
Hat - Spain
Handbag - Mulberry
 
 

7 comments:

  1. We're still experiencing 100° weather in California. I suspect we won't have fall for some time. Your outfit is spectacular. The hat gives it a Spanish feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The handbag is beautiful and the whole outfit as well but what I like the best is the hat. I want one like that. Your legs are so slim and beautiful!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coat, fantastic look dear! Kisses.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all shades of dark red and this is an amazing look, Nicolene!

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful, love this gorgeous colour :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! I just love, love your bag.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic Mulberry bag! This gets me into the fall mood.

    ReplyDelete