Friday 29 November 2013

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF

The revival of over sized coats and vintage styles is a gladsome sight as winter coats are normally made of higher quality fabric lasting you into a number of years. The only disadvantage being that I never had the strength of mind to see into the future when I was younger, and never considered keeping beautiful old style coats or storing them with care. One such piece was a Camel coloured coat with a fur collar that my late maternal grandmother wore with great elegance. After her demise, I wore it for a while, until moths manifested itself in my storage space, requiring the coat  to be discarded. With a lifetime of experience of making poor fashion decisions and purchases, I now think twice before I store things away for another season, and carefully pack woollen coats with the most environmentally friendly deterrent, being Sunlight soap, keeping the little creatures devouring your wool, at bay. I have selected a number of coats resembling a vintage style from my favourite on line store, Asos, all of them reminiscent of glory days when coats were over sized and made with fabric to last a lifetime. These few gems could become pieces that could last you a few seasons, making them worth their weight in Gold.
 
 
all coats by www.asos.com
 

6 comments:

  1. I love the second coat and the pink one too...all so gorgeous and cozy for this cold weather!! I hope you have a splendid weekend doll!! Relaxing and fun xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection :-) my favorit is the pink one.
    have a great weekend!

    xoxo Kira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing coat... great selection!!!!!
    Happy sunday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coats.. my mother in law has a few from pre war (I think belonged to her aunt) and she gave me a pair made of shearling but in need of good cleaning and some alteration to fit my body. It is still tuck in one of the suitcases, I can't figure out where to take it. The thing with shearling is that it can be tricky to handle and in Dubai I can dream about finding a place to bring it.

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete