Friday 8 November 2013

MONOCHROME FRIDAY

If colour brought balance to ones style, monochrome would certainly be it for me. The concept of Yin and Yang symbolises the attraction and balancing between two completely opposite colours, being Black & White. White is often worn when we move onto another level in our lives, or undergoing changes. Our choice of colour may unconsciously symbolise completion or new direction, or perhaps when experiencing pureness and perfection. White hardly has any negative connotations, and is often worn when moving towards a new direction. If there is truth in the philosophy of Yin and Yang, I may have found the perfect balance, as Black & White is my favourite combination. The philosophy also symbolises interconnectedness, and looking at the multitude of monochrome outfits during my street style hunting safaris at Fashion Weeks across the world, it makes perfect sense to most of us. The print in the full skirt is what caught on to me.
 
 
 
 
 
Shirt - Jenni  Button
Skirt -Belle  Epoque
Mary Jane Shoes - Asos
Handbag - Chanel 2.55
 
  

16 comments:

  1. I love black and white combinations, so chic and elegant!! You look absolutely radiant!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and elegant outfit! Kisses dear.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful skirt and perfect shoe. I've been looking for a skirt like this myself and yours is lovely. Great bag too. You look chic!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is so sophisticated! I love the monochrome look, that skirt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious, just beautiful. I love your look today with this wonderful skirt and this blouse, which is cute. I like the pattern and volume of the skirt, and I like the design of the blouse, with this combination of white and black. The pearl necklace, and heels make the look is wonderful, I love it. You look stylish and attractive. Your hair also looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicolene, you look gorgeous, i really love that beautiful skirt!!!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm deep into black and white these days. Hadn't thought of it in terms of yin and yang, but that's perfect, of course. Love your outfit from head to gorgeous toe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic skirt and a dream bag!!

    xxo from NYC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant outfit! I love your shoes the are beautiful:) you look fantastic. Kisses Beata

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are stunning and chic beyond words, dear Nicole.
    Happy Monday.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look! The bold full skirt and upturned collar ... chic and commanding result! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete