Tuesday, 12 November 2013

WIND SWEPT

When the wind blows in Cape Town, it brings summer rain to Johannesburg, 16 hours away by car. It also means that you cannot wear flimsy skirts as the South Eastern wind has no discretion and could easily cause you to bare it all. So if you find yourself in skirts when the Cape Doctor as it is known locally, billows, make sure you wear  drop dead  gorgeous underwear, perhaps in French lace? I have however resorted to  take shelter against the wind with a light weight mid season coat in an over sized style to conceal the blubber of my weekend binge of sweet things,  limiting my risks of being exposed up to the belly button. I note that over sized coats are big in the Northern hemisphere where winter is eminent. I seem stuck in the comfort of monochrome lately, and since I can just slip on a formal white shirt and blazer to comply with court attire if I am suddenly required to venture there, my outfit is easily adjustable from playfully casual to office like. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Coat- Asos
Pants- Studio W
Breton Top - Primark
Shoes - Asos
Handbag - Louis Vuitton
Sunglasses - Prada, Sunglass Hut