Monday 11 November 2013

VINTAGE & BLUE SUEDE SHOES

My new found love for vintage doesn't stem from my inability to discard things that I love, but because it allows me to wear things from a bygone era with a certain charm. Although I haven't quite decided if this particular linen jacket, which has earned an honorary place in my closet, actually qualifies as vintage, it somehow has quite a vintage feel. It's a  jacket from the early 90's bought as part of a suit that has a particular quality to it, being of fine linen and good structure. I  revived it with a Navy and Yellow geometric print in the skirt and spruced it up with these gorgeous suede shoes. Navy Blue shoes has been on my shopping list for a while, and thanks to my well developed research ability, I finally found these online. Perhaps I should ad this talent to my resume..........
 
 

 
 
Jacket - Queenspark, very old
Skirt - Belle Epoque
Shoes - Next
Handbag - Zara
Sunglasses - Rayban
 

11 comments:

  1. So stunning doll, love your shoes too :)) The whole look is wonderful. I hope you have a great new week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks smashing with the skirt, and so much fresher than a matched suit. Those shoes are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy business look Nicolene, I really love the print of the skirt !
    Have a nice week ahead !

    XX Luba
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look and cute shoes! Kisses dear.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great talent, Nicolene :-))
    Your skirt is awesome, is it a (faux) wrap? And those shoes... love them!!

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great. Very pretty outfit, interesting shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear friend, today I posted on my blog a post in which I use a photo of you. I hope you do not mind.
    You can see it in: http://sensecorbata.blogspot.com.es/2013/11/looks-de-la-setmana-25.html

    I like the look of today, the skirt is gorgeous and the color scheme of the look is very nice. The shoes are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are amazing!

    creamystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous shoes! Bravo to you for your hard earned researching credentials! :) The truth is for me, that blogging has really actually helped me gain some computer skills that I would never have had prior.

    Great outfit on a great lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, I to like wearing older items and styling them in a fresh way like you did here. Pretty print on the skirt and your shoe choice is perfection!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful early spring outfit! Very nice indeed ... and am in complete lust over the shoes. Annoying that they wouldn't work for squat little me, but I'm happy they got a loving home in your admirable closet.
    There is some fun in being at the extreme end of a certain age, and having vintage that originates from one's own closet. These are usually very special pieces!
    Hope you are enjoying a lovely springtime!

    ReplyDelete